While insuring you have a good time at the Plantation
SAFETY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT OBJECTIVE FOR ALL OF US
PLEASE HELP US MAKE HUNTING AT BURNT PINE SAFE FOR EVERYONE.
YOU MUST HAVE A CURRENT GEORGIA HUNTING LICENSE REGULAR OR A PRESERVE LICENSE
(We sell 2 year Preserve Hunting Licenses)
GENERAL GUN SAFETY
1. Always have your safety on and the chamber open when you are around the lodge area. If you have a double barrel or over-and-under shotgun, please have them broken open.
2. Muzzle control is a critical factor in any gun safety. The safety can fail, but if the muzzle is always pointed in a safe direction, nobody will be hurt if the gun accidentally discharges. Always have your muzzle pointed in a safe direction (normally straight up) even if the gun is unloaded.
3. Never load your gun unless you are standing inside a shooting station on one of the trap or shooting ranges, or in the field after your guide has told you and your party to load up.
4. Alcohol consumption is absolutely not allowed before or during any hunt at Burnt Pine. One swallow and you are finished hunting for the day. However, we will be glad to join you for a beer after we put the guns away for the day. Bar closes at 10:00 PM, anyone drinking after 10:00 PM will forfeit hunting the next morning.
5. You are required to shoot your gun (3 times/no charge) before you hunt. This makes sure your gun will work, and indicates your level of experience to your guide.
6. All hunters must be at least 12 years old. All 12–14 year old hunters must be accompanied by a supervising adult, with only one person hunting at a time. No exceptions
7. Your guide has the authority to end hunt if he deems it unsafe for guides, other hunters, or dogs
THINK GUN SAFETY AT ALL TIMES
SHOT DOG POLICY
If in the event of a dog being shot by you, the shooter owes $3,000.00 to the owner of the dog. This payment does not give the shooter ownership of dog.